· Please use the abstract template provided. Template
· Type or paste your relevant information over the appropriate area within the template body. Figures and/or diagrams are not allowed.
· Please save the abstract as a word document and be sure the name of the document includes the presenter’s last name and initial(s) followed by the award category in which you will be presenting. For Example:
o Smith MM undergraduate
o Smith MM graduate student
o Doe J Postdoc or doctoral level research scientist
o Winner NP Research assistant
Check List for Formatting your Abstract:
· Font: Times New Roman 12 pt
· Spacing: Single
· Justification: Left, no indentation with first word
· Title: All letters in uppercase
o Bold font
· Authors: Underline the presenter
o Surname in uppercase font
o Affiliation designated after each author in superscript (applicable only if more than 1 professional affiliation will be acknowledged)
· Affiliations: designated in superscript before each department or institution
· Key words: You may select up to 3 key words or remove this line from your abstract
· Abstract body: 300 words excluding the title, authors, author affiliations, and key words (the template is comprised of 300 words – your abstract should fit in approximately the same space). Abstracts exceeding 300 words will be truncated.
o Check all spelling, italics for latin names, genus and species etc.