BRT 7th Floor
Of the ten primary CMIB faculty, eight (Schlesinger, Amer, Drew, Gunn, Kwiek, Torrelles, Turner, and Wozniak) are located on the 7th floor of the Biomedical Research Tower (BRT).
The BRT is next to the Medical Center and adjacent to the School of Biological Sciences and Davis Heart and Lung Research Institute (HLRI). The BRT is the largest research facility on the Ohio State University campus and has more than 180,000 square feet of lab space. This building also houses various core facilities, including genomics, proteomics, imaging and BSL3 (see core labs).
The 7th floor of the BRT contains several pieces of equipment that might be useful to the CMIB community. These include:
- Real-time PCR machines; IQ5, CFX96 (Bio-Rad), Applied Biosystems StepOne
- Bio-Plex (Bio-Rad)
- Flourescent microscopes
- Bio-Rad Chemidoc XRS workstation and Photodyne Gel and Blot Imaging System
- Biomek 2000 automated workstation. This device has the ability to automate many applications requiring repetitive pipetting into 96 and 384-well plates, and can be configured to perform experiments such as minipreps/ELISAs and enzyme assays in 96- and 384-well formats.
- BD FACS CANTO II flow cytometer
- Untra Centrifuges; Beckman-Coalter L-XP and TLX
- Olympus FV10i confocal microscope with life imaging capability
- IVIS camera system
- Anaerobic growth chamber
- Molecular Devices Microplate readers